Posts by Jeromy Deibler

Posts by Jeromy Deibler

Monday, March 29, 2010

Merridee's Monday (2010.03.29)

I feel like a bit of a traitor this morning. I’m down the street from Merridee’s at Starbucks. Merridee’s doesn’t have oatmeal so I came down here but I didn’t end up ordering any. Jake, the manager here goes to church with us at Fellowship. He and his family are moving to Guam to serve orphans as soon as their house sells. They haven’t put it on the market yet but probably won’t need to. Just recently they met someone who wants to move to their exact area into a house exactly like theirs. They will probably sell to her and be able to forgo the whole realtor process. It’s just like God to drop something out of the sky like that.

Ok, I’m back at Merridee’s. I ended up ordering oatmeal from Starbucks and bringing it down here. There’s a girl studying calculus beside me. I tell her it looks hard and she agrees and explains that it’s college math she’s taking in high school. She says she wishes she wouldn’t have taken the course. She’d rather be hanging out with her friends. I don’t blame here. Staying “ahead of the game” is way overrated.

I just ran into Mark Stuart from Audio Adrenaline having coffee with Marty Magehee from 4Him. Mark’s foundation fully funds two orphanages in Haiti and he’s in the process of adopting two children from there as well. He and I met last year about the situation in Zimbabwe and haven’t gotten together since. Mark was in Haiti at the time of the earthquake and has been there for a total of three months since. One of the orphanages is intact, the other will need to be completely rebuilt but the kids are all safe. One teacher, who was home at the time, was killed. Mark’s involvement in Haiti, in something bigger than himself, bigger than his career, make’s me jealous. Stuff like that makes us live outside of ourselves and I want that again. It’s scary but there’s nothing better.

2 comments:

  1. Jeromy are the people hoping to move into your friends house by chance Angie and Todd Smith?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have a simple way of bringing out God's biggest truths through your writings. it is a gift.

    ReplyDelete